COVID-19 We remain fully operational and have increased our capacity during this time to support our partners.
Project Management, Business Analyst and UX/UI Design
Our Osky team in Canberra is uniquely skilled and versatile for handling any website / web project, SEO digital marketing, UI / UX design, web applications or web systems that you require.
We have a variety of project managers, interface designers, digital marketers and business analysts in Canberra and can be utilised through different skills in any project. Our team is passionate and hardworking for the web, and has many growth opportunities for working with many organisations and businesses to develop new skills and building your web career.
Although there are no immediate vacancies, we are always looking out for talented individuals who desire an opportunity in having a great career in web, and can support the company.
You are welcome to express your interest to be part of our growing team as an experienced individual or an intern wanting some work experience.
Internship Opportunities with University of Canberra
Osky Interactive works with the University of Canberra Faculty of Arts and Design Internship Program to provide internship opportunities to students who wish to develop their future in a web career.
Our internships will provide you with the opportunity to be exposed to a variety of web projects or web applications to help our clients regularly.
Web Development Career & Growth Opportunities
Osky Interactive is an internationally based company with operations in Australia, Malaysia and Singapore. We are expanding our capabilities in the Kuala Lumpur team to support our successful and continuous growth throughout the recent decade.
We are looking for high-caliber talent to join our growing web development team in Cyberjaya, the premier tech hub of Malaysia, to continue working with our established members with a wide range of unique and exciting projects.
The success we deliver to our clients comes from the best developers as a strong foundation within our digital agency. Our developers have many opportunities for growth and success working on a wide variety of digital projects and solutions.
We lead the way and want you to thrive at Osky, so that you can continue to grow and succeed in getting the best throughout your career.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Project Assistant to efficiently support our busy web development studio. The ideal candidate will liaise and build relationships with clients across OSKY’s portfolio.
Your interpersonal skills and professionalism will support your outward-facing work, communicating fluently with a diverse range of stakeholders and software engineers.
The ideal applicant will have:
- A strong work ethic: self-disciplined, self-motivated.
- Experience in customer service.
- Experience working in a web development digital company.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional administration, organisational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a small, dynamic and agile team.
- Processing project related documents i.e., minutes, letters, reports, archiving, etc.
- Working with external business partners to obtain correct and complete required paperwork.
- Answering phones, take messages, schedule appointments.
- Organising and direct Project Team on routine tasks and general information.
- Preparation of regular reports on project activities for internal and external stakeholders
- Interacting in a professional manner with all internal and external stakeholders.
We are offering:
- Permanent Full time/Part time, Casual.
- Free on-site parking + easily accessible by public transport.
- Immediate start date.
If you are an exceptional project assistant with a passion for the digital industry, and would like to join our team, please send your CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria to our CEO, Ken Ong at [email protected]
Work Location: Fyshwick, Canberra.
Web Developer (Back-End)
Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services via API and databases.
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Understand source code management and versioning.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Thinking creatively and contribute new ideas.
- Stay up to date with new technologies and industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Work closely with front-end web developers to align with design vision.
Skills and Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 2 years experience in back end web development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge in PHP and MySQL is required.
- Familiar with PHP frameworks such as Laravel, Zend, CakePHP.
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles.
- Good knowledge of front end development.
- Proficiency in CMS like WordPress, Drupal, Magento.
- Familiar with web service API.
- Understand and have experience using version control (Git).
- Basic linux command line knowledge and general server maintenance is an added advantage
As a Systems Engineer your primary role is to manage our IT infrastructure including servers, operating systems, and backup storage to ensure that all processes are in place. Additionally, this role supports all day-to-day operations, functions, and capabilities relating to technology risk and compliance.
- Implement, deploy, and integrate public cloud solutions in AWS with a focus on
business outcomes and customer satisfaction.
- Manage and monitor security and network notification and alerts or certain conditions
that may require special attention to avoid impact on business downtime.
- Perform various security assessments/root cause analysis at the network and
- Investigate and troubleshoot system problems.
- Provide support to fellow team members and contribute towards a great team
- Required to be on standby support after office hours.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information
System, or related field.
- Experienced in managing AWS environments is an added advantage.
- Good technical skill and knowledge in Firewall, IPS, Web Security, Email security
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively at all levels.
- Passionate about technology and is willing to take technology solutions to a whole
Technical Skill Requirement
- Extensive knowledge across Linux environments, specifically Ubuntu & CentOS.
- Networking basics – Firewall, Security
- Writing high-level security reports
- Vulnerability scans and assessments
- Red teaming/attack simulation experience
- Server Monitoring Tool / Logging
- Amazon Web Services basics ( EC2 , S3 , RDS, Lambda )
- Knowledgeable in server automation/configuration is an added advantage (Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc)
As a member of OSKY’s Design team, you are responsible for the construction of user interface (UI) design of our digital projects. This role requires you to collaborate with cross functional teams including Project Managers and Web Developers to produce visual designs and mockups based on wireframes and art direction of our UX team.
- Create compelling website mockups and graphics to our clients/project managers.
- Execute and implement visual design concepts through all phases of a project.
- Provide a design with key focus on UI for the desktop and mobile application or any
other digital experience.
- Demonstrate design guidelines and best practices.
- Be a good collaborator who can thrive in a team environment.
- Produce high quality work in a timely manner.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Art/Design/Creative Multimedia or equivalent
- High level of proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD, Axure RP, Figma and/or
other design softwares.
- 2-3 years of experience in a graphic / web design environment.
- Online portfolio is a must.
- Solid understanding of layout, color, and typography.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong organisation skills to manage multiple projects.
- Familiarity with WordPress or any other CMS is an added advantage.
- Passionate about design and technology and eager to learn more.
OSKY acknowledges First Australians and recognises their continuous connection to country, community and culture.
Read more about our Diversity and Acknowlegement Policy.